A broadcast message is a single message that is sent to an entire list of people at the same time. It can be scheduled to go out on a specific date and time, but the schedule is the same for everyone. A broadcast is generally the best option when you need to send the same message to everyone at the same time (e.g., a monthly email newsletter). It is also the best option for sending messages that require frequent updates.
Pro-TIp! Email marketing is permission-based marketing. Make sure you have permission before you send a broadcast. Review the Infusionsoft Acceptable Use Policy.
How to Get Started
- Click Broadcasts from the left hand navigation
- Click Send an email broadcast
- Choose your template
You can choose from:
- Gallery: The Gallery contains several starter templates that you can use. Just hover over the template icon and click the "eye" icon to preview the template, or click Use Template to start customizing it.
- Previously Sent: This section contains a list of the most recent email broadcasts that you've sent. Hover over the template and click Use as Draft to start customizing it. You can also click the Save icon to save the template to the "My Templates" area.
- Drafts: When you are customizing an email template and click the Save & Exit button, the email will be saved as a draft so that you can come back to it later.
- My Templates: This area contains all emails that you have saved as a template. NOTE: Emails are auto-saved to the "Drafts" section every 30 seconds. The Exit button within the builder also saves your email as a draft to the same section prior to leaving the builder experience.
- Chose the Email Broadcast recipients: Click inside the search box to find an existing tagged list, or click the New Search link to create a new list to send this message to. (Optional) Click the Recipient options link if you need to change the default "To" email address.
Type the name of a tag and/or a save search. You can add multiple tags and searches.
Subject Line & Preview Text
You can personalize the subject line by merging in the recipient's contact details. For example, if you want the subject line to call out their first name, click inside the subject line text box and click the Merge button > Contact Fields (most common) > First Name.
Test your email
With the Test button:
- You can choose from existing users of the same app
- You can manually add non-app user email addresses to send test emails to
- You do not have a limit to the number of recipients you can send a test email to
- Click in the Start typing to add users or email addresses... field
- Choose from the drop down of existing app users, or begin typing an email address of a non-app user
- Click on the completed email address of the non-app user in the drop down
Notes: Non-app user email addresses show up in purple. App users show up in teal.
The Preview button to see how the email will look in most email clients and mobile devices.
Save as a Template
You can save and name your email as a template right from within the Email Builder
- Click on Previously Sent, hover over the email template and click the Save icon.
- Another option is in the actual builder, in the top right click "Save to as Template". This will create a new Template and will not save over the original email.
- To save a template while in the campaign builder, click the Actions drop-down while customizing the template and select," "Save to My Templates".
Review and Send
Click to View the Email Broadcast Checklist
Send with Confidence! The Email Broadcast Checklist will scan your email for errors and suggestions.
When you are ready send, choose:
Schedule to Send Later
You can schedule the email based on your time zone or the Contacts Time Zone.
Send Now & Exit
Starts sending the email immediately
(Optional) Click Exit to save this email in the Drafts area so you can come back and finish it later