Import Your csv File
Before you import, make sure that your data is in CSV (comma delimited) file format and that they have been properly prepared.
- Click Contacts from the left-hand panel
- Click the Import button
- Click to upload or simply drag your file and drop into the Import window
The columns on the left are from your import file. The columns on the right are Infusionsoft fields. Match column b to column a to import your data into the correct fields
- Duplicate Contact checking based on the email address and will happen automatically; contacts with the same email address will not get imported twice.
- Contact info is updated/replaced when importing CSVs with an existing email address
- You can locate a drop down item in field mapping by typing the word of the field that you want to map i.e. You want to quickly find "tags" you can start typing it with the drop down open and will be taken to that part of the list.
The last step is to indicate if you have Explicit permission to send marketing emails.
- If you do have permission check Yes (Make sure to review the Acceptable Use Policy)
- If you do not have permission check No (You can send emails directly through the contact record but wouldn't be able to send bulk emails from an Email Broadcast or Campaign sequence) until your contact opts in.
(Optional) Add Tag(s)
You can automatically tag contacts upon import by either choosing an existing tag or creating a new one on-the-fly.
Click Finish Import when you're done
View Your List, Send a Broadcast or Add to Campaign
Once your contacts are imported you can click the View Imported Contacts button to pull up your list of contacts or you can begin the process of sending out an email broadcast or adding these contacts to a campaign sequence.
Pro-Tip!: If you don't see the option to Add Contacts to a Sequence, then you don't have any campaign sequences published.
Pro-Tip! If you choose View Imported Contacts and then wish you would have chosen Send a Broadcast, you can still easily send the broadcast from the view imported contacts page. Just click the checkbox at the top and choose Send a Broadcast at the bottom of the page.
If you choose the Add Contacts to Sequence, just choose the name of the campaign and then the name of the sequence and click the Add button.